Ron Clark is very innovative. He has a unique style of teaching, leading, and talking about education. The overwhelming quality I sensed in his presentation at Risky Business is passion. He loves what he does and he loves his students.
Looks great, right? Here's some background on the Ron Clark Academy (from the RCA student FAQ page):
- Potential students must apply while in 4th grade.
- Approximately thirty 5th graders are admitted each year. Students in grades 6-8 are not admitted.
- 5th graders are expected to remain in the program for 4 years in order to achieve the greatest success from the Academy's program of study.
- Average class size is 30 students (these are not all gifted students; a majority have learning or behavioral issues.)
- It costs money to attend RCA. There is a sliding scale for tuition and many fees are offset by scholarships, but admission may be limited if there are not enough corporate donations or sponsors.