Nov 20, 2011

Gratitude


It is the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am behind in laundry, my house is a mess, and the stench of Vick's Vapo Rub is permeating every nook and cranny of our living space.






Despite the mess, the piles, the germs, and the smell of Vick's, life goes on...
       
              and I am thankful.





Thankful that I have a home to get messy. Thankful that I have children who love me enough to share everything (even their germy germs!)  I am grateful to have a beautiful, loving, and supportive family; a network of friends--both old and new--who share their thoughts and experiences with me. Thankful that I have a job that stimulates and challenges me, and puts me in contact with some of the most amazingly resilient young people around.

Overall, we are happy and  healthy (except for colds/sniffles.) We have have a roof over our heads and love in our hearts. That's a lot to be thankful for.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy and cherish all that you have. What are you thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post!  Great pictures and thanks for reminding us we have lots to be thankful for.  I hope you and your beautiful family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely reminder that we all can be thankful for something. Thanks, Jen! I hope you and your family get over all the colds/sniffles soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tara! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I'm thankful for my family, their love, support and health and for the people in this world who help kids succeed. I'm thankful that I met you! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are lucky, aren't we Ezzy?!? I am thankful that I met you, too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday :) We are all finally on the mend after a few days of sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Start a conversation here!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...